Skip to main content
Advising / A&S Advising Services / Changing Your Academic Record (Major/Minor/Certificate)

Changing Your Academic Record (Major/Minor/Certificate)

Do you need to make a change to your academic record? 

The University of Kentucky has moved to an Online Major change System (OMC). Using the OMC you may request the following changes, additions, and deletions to your academic record:

  • Add a secondary or tertiary major
  • Add a minor/or certificate
  • Change your primary, secondary and/or tertiary major
  • Change your minor and/or certificate
  • Delete your secondary and/or tertiary major
  • Delete your minor and/or certificate

What if I want to declare a dual degree?

OMC cannot process dual degrees. If you are a current A&S student, please email from your UKY email address to declare a dual degree. 

Please include the following information in your email:

  • Student ID#
  • The degree designation for your second degree (BA or BS)
  • The major you would like to declare for your second degree

Where do I find the OMC?

The OMC is located in MyUK under the student services > Degree planning and registration (MyGPS). On the right-hand side, you will see a box that says 'My program study'. Within that box is a link to request a major change. That link will allow you to request all changes, additions, and deletions noted above.