The annual Darwin Lecture Series will feature Eugenie C. Scott, who will present a lecture titled "Darwin: Demon or Revolutionary?" Presented by the Kentucky Section of the American Institute for Professional Geologists, the lecture will be presented at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at Singletary Center for the Arts Recital Hall.
Scott is the executive director at The National Center of Science Education at the University of Missouri. She has been a researcher and activist in the creationism/evolution conflict for over 25 years, and is able to address the variety of different aspects the conflict entails.
The sponsors for the lecture include:
- Kentucky Academy of Science
- UK Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Kentucky Society of Professional Geologists
- Morehead State University Earth and Space Scientists
- The Kentucky Geological Survey
- Kentucky Paleontological Society
- Eastern Kentucky University; and
- UK Department of Biology
The lecture is free and open to the public.