by Kathy Johnson
(Dec. 17, 2013) ― The University of Kentucky Board of Trustees today accepted nearly $6.5 million in gifts and pledges to UK.
The pledges include:
- $535,000 from the Davis and Beverly Marksbury Foundation of Nicholasville, Ky., to fund capital projects within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics; and
- $2 million from Terry Woodward of Owensboro, Ky., to support the Gatton College of Business and Economics Capital Campaign and will be used for the Gatton building expansion now underway.
- More than $1.7 million from the estate of Judith M. Janssen, formerly of Evanston, Ill., to add to the existing Guy M. Davenport Endowed Professorship in English;
- $735,000 from the estate of Maywin S. Lauderdale, formerly of Lexington, to create and endow the Robert. A. and Maywin S. Lauderdale Graduate Fellowship Fund in the College of Engineering;
- $1 million from Roger E. Mick of Brentwood, Tenn., to support the Gatton College Capital Campaign and use for the Gatton building expansion;
- More than $491,000 from the estate of Joy R. Wills, formerly of Richmond, Ky., to create and endow the Joy R. Wills DanceBlue Endowment Fund, which will provide additional support for social workers and programs dedicated to pediatric oncology, as well as support for research in pediatric oncology at Kentucky Children's Hospital; and
- $12,400 from multiple donors given to the existing Earth and Environmental Sciences Endowed Alumni Professorship in the College of Arts and Sciences.