Outstanding Staff Awards
The College of Arts and Sciences Staff Council and the Dean’s Office, requests your assistance to identify our exceptional staff for the Outstanding Staff Award. This award recognizes staff who have demonstrated their dedication to their department/unit and to the college on a daily basis. Individuals who have gone above and beyond their expected job standards, by ways of flexibility, respect, learning, competence, and communication. Individuals that provided influence and advancements, furthering areas of teaching, research and service. Individuals who day in and day out, model our mission of “through excellence, enable the faculty and students’ best work”!
The Dean’s Office has approved two (2) cash awards of $1000 each. Final selections will be made by A&S Staff Council in collaboration with the college leadership.
We encourage you to nominate a colleague who you feel is deserving of this award. For example, individuals who have provided:
- Exceptional contributions towards the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Outstanding service and/or improving service quality to other employees, students, and/or guests.
- Special efforts in promoting workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Exemplary promotion of College values and purpose including collaboration, respect and service to the campus community.
- Must be regular full-time or regular part-time staff member
- Employed on or before January 1, 2022 in A&S.
- Cannot have won the Outstanding Staff Award in the prior two years
- Cannot be a member of the A&S Staff Council
Nominees will be judged on performance for the 2022 calendar year.
- Dedication to the mission of their department and of the college
- Job duties / productivity
- Interpersonal skills and attitude
- Specific examples of excellence are highly encouraged
Nominations will be accepted from any A&S staff, faculty, or student. The council will rely on the description of the employee’s qualities, including specific examples of outstanding performance, competency, service, etc. Additional pages may be submitted if needed.
The Staff Council will only consider nominations for a specific individual. Multiple individuals, team, or group nominations will not be considered for the Outstanding Staff Award.
If you have any questions, please email ASStaffCouncil@uky.edu